At Hodges and Davis, we continue to review how to balance client service and safety in this most unusual year. In June, the State of Indiana entered Phase 4 of Governor Holcomb’s plan for reopening the State. While we are encouraged by recent developments, the safety of our clients, team and community is always our top priority.
With that safety in mind, we have opened our office for visits with clients on an appointment only basis. Our offices, though remaining operational, will continue to be closed to the general public. As has been the case throughout these difficult times, we will remain available for meetings and other appointments via teleconferencing through the utilization of remote workspaces and other technological means, while we begin scheduling in-person office appointments.
For the safety of our attorneys, staff, and clients who will be coming into our office, we have implemented certain procedures to keep everyone safe:
- We ask that all clients arriving for their appointment call and let the receptionist know that they have arrived. Because our office doors will still be locked, someone from our staff will need to meet you at the door to let you into the office.
- All clients entering our offices will be required to bring and wear a mask while inside. The attorneys meeting with clients will also wear masks.
- Unfortunately, Hodges and Davis will not be providing beverages to our clients at this time. However, clients should feel free to bring their own beverages with them.
- We ask that you take your temperature before your appointment to confirm you are not running a fever. If you schedule an appointment and then begin to feel ill, have any symptoms associated with COVID-19 or have been in personal contract with someone with COVID-19 in the last two weeks, we ask that you please call in advance of the meeting to let us know. We would be happy to conduct your appointment telephonically or reschedule your appointment.
- To ensure that we follow recommended CDC Guidelines on social distancing, we are also going to limit the number of persons allowed in our conference rooms. In our Merrillville office, we will limit the total number of people (including our attorneys) in the meeting room to five (5). In our Portage and Rensselaer offices, we will limit the number of people (including our attorneys) in the meeting room to four (4).
We will continue to review these procedures and will update them as needed, and as more information becomes available. Although we understand that the above restrictions may be inconvenient, the safety of our staff, attorneys and clients is our top priority. We hope that everyone remains safe and healthy during this unprecedented time. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we find new ways to interact while remaining committed to serving you.
Hodges and Davis, P.C. – June 2020